Saturday 27 August 2011

Session Four of EDU 330 Elementary Mathematics

25th  August  2011

    This session had  a  good  start  for everyone  as  Dr. Yeap  began the  lesson  with  a  magic  tricks.  The  question is,  Is  it really  a magic........   Oh!  I  was  really  glad to know  this  number  trick that  all you  have to do is  to look for  the  pattern to be able to  guess the  correct  answer.    I  got  3 pegs  on his  first  lesson  as  I  am the  one  who  found  out  the  pattern  hooray!!!!!!

    In lesson  15, we  covered  a  problem  sum  that  taught  different  variation   and  a  join  situation. According  to  Zoltan  Dienes  
                       "Mathematics  is not  repetition they learn if  you give  them variation   or  the  variant  theory"


The  next  lesson  which  is  lesson  16 was  about  naming  the equal  parts.

  •  I  found  out  that  the moment  you  have  equal parts  you can  name  the  part.
  • Being  equal  does not  mean  identical
  • Fraction is  a part of  a whole
  • Quantity  is a part of a set.
  • Same  number  can  be  named  in different ways.





The moment  you  have  equal part  you can  name it   and this  is  one fourth.
   

This shows  an  equal  fraction 



This  is  an  example of  abstract

Some  Acronyms I  encountered  which  is  helpful  for  me  in learning  the Primary  Singapore  System..

SRT  -  School Readiness  Test
LSM - Learning  Support in Mathematics
LSP -  Learning Support  Program

     Thank you  Dr. Yeap  for  a  wonderful  experience  I had  during  your  lessons.   How  I wish  all the  teachers in Philippines  will be  like  you to help the children be  more  confident, competent and energetic in answering  Mathematics and  I  hope  you  will  come to my country to train Mathematics  teachers.




No comments:

Post a Comment